2 C. Butternut Squash (peeled & seeds removed)
4 Tbs. Butter (unsalted)
2 Tbs. Dark Brown Sugar
1 EA. Thyme Sprigs (leaves only)
1/2 C. Ricotta Cheese
5 EA. Amaretti Cookies
1/4 C. Parmesan Cheese (grated)
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. In a large mixing bowl combine butternut squash, butter, sugar, and thyme and toss well.
2. Place in hotel pan and cover with plastic wrap then aluminum foil.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
4. Remove from oven and place over perforated hotel pan to let liquid drain and to cool off.
5. Once cooled place in robot coup with ricotta, amaretti cookie, and parmesan cheese. Puree in batches until smooth.
Fresh Pasta Dough
Semolina flour, for sprinkling
2 EA. Large Egg
7 C. All Purpose Flour
4 tsp. Kosher salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixer & mix with dough hook until incorporated.
2. Wrap in plastic wrap & let rest for 1 hour.
3. Using a pasta machine work dough through until desired thickness about the thickness of a nickel & cover sheets with a towel to keep from drying out.
4. Cut sheets in to 2” by 2” pieces
5. Take a ½ tablespoon of filling & place in middle of pasta square
6. Brush egg wash around the edges of the pasta square & fold dough over to make a triangle.
7. Connect the bottom edges & press firmly to seal
8. Cook pasta for approximately 4 minutes or until the connected parts are cooked through.
9. Place in Pasta sauce & cook for an additional minute & serve.
Brown Butter Cream Sauce
1/4 LB. Butter (unsalted)
20 EA. Sage Leaves
1 QT. Heavy Cream
Pasta water if needed
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In a large sauce pan melt the butter with the sage until the butter starts to turn brown, turn down the heat so you do not burn the butter
2. Once the butter has turned dark brown close to black & it smells nutty add the heavy cream
3. Reduce the heavy cream until the sauce is thick & coats the back of a spoon,
4. If the sauce breaks (separates) add a little bit of pasta water to thin out.
5. Season with salt & pepper & serve toss the Tortellacci in the sauce cook for a minute to coat pasta & thicken sauce. Serve